Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Avocado and Jalapeño Stuffed Burgers with Mashed Cauliflower

I don't really have the time to explain this- so I am just going to post and say ENJOY! :)
These two dishes are delicious together. I love to take a fork of burger and a scoop of mashed cauliflower and eat it together... Makes it seem like dipping sauce?!

You best have a Food Processor or some kind of blender! 
And a CrockPot. I know I mentioned that before!


Mashed Cauliflower
1 Head of Cauliflower
5-6 Cloves of Garlic (or whatever you want)
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Oil
Handful of Fresh Basil
Pinch of Fresh Rosemary

1. Put a little water in a post and put a steamer tray in it - bring the water to a boil.
2. As you are waiting, break apart the head of cauliflower into florets and peel your garlic. No need to crush.
3. Once the water is boiling, put the cauliflower and garlic in the steamer tray and cover/boil for about 15 minutes.
4. As I was waiting, I got antsy, so I put 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, a handful of fresh basil, and a pinch of fresh rosemary in the food processor because I thought it would taste good blended together...
5. After 15 minutes of steaming, put the cauliflower/garlic mix in the food processor. Then pulse until it looks like mashed potatoes - but better!

Avocado and Jalapeño Stuffed Burgers
1 lb of Ground Beef
1 Avocado
1 Diced Jalapeño 
Pepper
Minced Garlic
Oregano

1. In a big bowl, mix the ground beef with the diced jalapeño, some pepper, some minced garlic (you choose - I always use a lot), and a little oregano. Mix well with your hands! This is the fun part!
2. Make little patties (I made a little ball in the palm of my hand and then flattened). With 1 lb of meat, I was able to make 12 little patties.
3. Take one patty - and scoop a little avocado on top. Then take another patty and mash on top - and roll together to mesh together. I just rolled them in my hand as if they were a lacrosse ball - don't put too much pressure on it!
4. Cook how you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment